Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sensing Beauty


"Your eyes, your ears, your mouth, your nose,
Your arms, your legs, your heart, your soul,
Touch me, touch me, touch me, touch me,
My body craves your touch."
                                                 - from 'Crave' by Nuno Bettencourt

Your picture - 
Upon my lips
Speaks my words unstopped;
Upon my mind
Dwells in precious thoughts;
And it goes,
Rolling into vision.
Dream image
Of contours molded
Around a glorious sun
Heating the very burn
Inside cool blue eyes.
To kiss perfection's lips -
A joy I dare not know
In these humble thoughts.
But to just touch,
To trace the patterns of your skin,
To rest fingertips below your eyes
To follow you cheek to chin,
To glide the rear of my palm
Towards your ear, through your hair,
To memorize every inch
With a touch soft as breeze - 
The only way a beautiful woman
As you should be known.
Placing my face a half second
From your sight,
I caress your silk;
Inhaling the scent of your soul.
I lose myself in fresh intoxication,
And almost allow myself
To brush against you;
But stop and linger near.
Clear is your kindness
Which softens my ears with words
Of sweetness and joy,
And praise more cherished 
Than ever will be known.
Your voice is a halo's song
Which I bring with me
Through my dream and into day.
And as I start my ascent
Through the clouds of my mind
I freeze upon your visage.
My hand glances past your mouth
And I cup the back of your neck,
Slowly massaging, bringing me
Closer to your grace.
In an instinct of hope
I reach for you, gentle,
Placing my unworthy lips on yours,
A brief moment of bliss.
My dream, my pleasures,
This image of you,
Join me as I awake into light,
Savoring the sweet flavor
Of your beloved heart.

1 comment: