Friday, January 9, 2015

Genie Wish List

01/09/15

I've been thinking about writing a lot lately. Not necessarily the process or the results, but the business side. I love writing, but I can't live off it. I love creating, but I hate taking the time to submit or attempt to publish. I just want to write and create and write and live and write. The difficulty with that list is the living part. I can't eat or drink or survive without being able to afford it. So, I have taken to rubbing every lamp I can find, particularly at old antique stores, thrift stores, yard sales, flea markets, etc.
So, when I find that genie, I am prepared for what to ask:

1. A Patron - It would be so nice to have someone to pay me up front to create. At least for a little while. Taking away the need to do the mundane in order to subsist would help alleviate the stresses. Which would be wonderful.

2. An Assistant - Someone to take the things I write and submit them for me. Someone to take the time suck away from me but still help get my writing to those who may want to see it. One can only hope.

and 3. A Cheerleader - Every writer I know is harder on himself/herself than anyone else. And as someone who likes to consider himself a "writer" but who also suffers from severe depression, it would be very nice to have someone around to give a little pep talk when things appear too bleak. Therefore, I can channel that depressive nature into more words.

So, my wish list is ready. Come on, genie... I'm waiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment