Sunday, May 2, 2010

Crossing Sensation

Crossing Sensation


From my dreams you emerged,
Rising - fair in your voice,
Delight to my ears,
Filling my head as before
With a language only known
During my moments of sleep.

I have seen you nightly
For at least a dozen years,
But the flow of your skin,
The sensuality of your curves,
The grace with which you do simplicity -
Exceeded the stunning woman
I knew I would find, but
Only knew through moonlit excitements.

As I was by your side,
In my memory and of our time,
I inhaled in your spirit and
Smoked in your soul
To bring myself to your truth,
Filling my lungs with your scent
So I may breathe your essence.

If I never had another bite
Of which I would taste
I would still savor
The delectable spice of you
And it would fill me forever.
   Here, what remains is my descent
   Into the trappings of emotion.
   I fear it, for the pleasure
   You bring and for the desire
   Driven from my deep.

   But these tones, images, aromas, and flavors
   Bring you to me closer
   And in my arms we know
   What we believe so unlikely
   Yet spoken no less true. 

More than these things
What presses my heart to you
Is your presence on my flesh.
The joy of your caress,
Your body against mine,
Our eyes locked in a single gaze
While our physical reason
Delights in the tangible pleasure
Of the other we never knew lived
In this, our haunted reality.

   But you do, in thoughts and thrills
   And I can not free from you,
   For what you are is here,
   Every eve I experience -
   Awake and unconscious.

Every slide of my skin is your breath,
Every bend of my limbs is your walk,
Every shiver which crawls on me,
Shaking to my core, is your touch
Upon my sense and self.

Your hips match the motion of mine,
Your lips are still sweet on my tongue,
Your fingers still roll through my hair
With every encountered breeze.

   My nerves, my skin, my blood
   Seem to keep your memory
   And will not let me forget
   That the one who felt me so
   Is true and well beyond illusion.

   She steps in this world,
   Eyes the insane where I dwell,
   And she is, she is the one I
   Know, want to know, and can not shake.

   She has moved across
   The nights of my dreams,
   Beyond the nightmares which shatter me,
   From the feel of fantasy
   And into the real of ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment